Workplace conflict is an inevitable part of organizational and professional life. Learning to embrace it and channel conflict positively can radically alter a professional’s ability to thrive occupationally, manage workplace relationships and expectations, and better solve work-related problems.
This session will address two dominant types of workplace conflicts, five commonplace conflict management strategies, and techniques for breaking a stalemate among other communication skills.
As a result of this session, you will be able to::
• Understand two dominant types of workplace conflict
• Identify the most commonly used conflict management strategies
• Explore the positive and negative outcomes of conflict at work
• Recognize the cognitive and emotional aspects to workplace conflict
• Learn techniques for breaking a stalemate and moving forward
Note: Date reflects adjustment due to upcoming holiday.
Facilitator: Dr. Angela Gist-Mackey, KU Department of Communication Studies