Workforce demographics are dynamically changing. The landscape of our workforce now includes higher percentages of employees who are women, racial/ethnic minorities, non-native English speakers, variety of gender and sexual identities, wide range of (dis)abilities, and at least four different age cohorts. These changing demographics require industries and professionals to be globally minded, culturally competent, and inclusive.
This session will share research on how issues of diversity and inclusiveness impact our workforce, workplace relationships, organizational productivity, and employee satisfaction and dignity. Furthermore, participants will learn strategies about how to communicate across cultural differences in ways that promote inclusive organizational cultures.
• Understand the influence of changing demographics on the workforce
• Defining commonplace language
• Start to develop cultural sensitivity in communication
• Learn strategies recognize and address cultural insensitivity
• Learn practical strategies to promote inclusiveness in the workplace